COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Shinnova Solar may collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of Shinnova Solar’s products and services, including through the Service, Events or through your use of the Sites, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Sites, by Phone or in Person. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Shinnova Solar’s products and services.
- Completing a free request form or uploading utility data to the Sites.
- Purchasing any product or service from Shinnova Solar.
- Providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to Shinnova Solar.
- Requesting information or assistance from Shinnova Solar. Shinnova Solar may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Shinnova Solar’s products and services.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
The personal information that Shinnova Solar may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), and any other personal information that you choose to provide, your submissions of your utility or electrical data to Shinnova Solar, or in other communications to Shinnova Solar. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual that is provided by you to Shinnova Solar.
Shinnova Solar may choose to utilize “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Shinnova Solar with personal information. Cookies help Shinnova Solar to improve the Sites and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Shinnova Solar to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Shinnova Solar’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information, Shinnova Solar uses physical, technological and administrative procedures to protect the personal information that Shinnova Solar collects from loss, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
Nevertheless, Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to the Sites may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personal information collected by Shinnova Solar, please contact [email protected]
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Shinnova Solar’s collection of your personal information, Shinnova Solar may use such personal information internally, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with Shinnova Solar through the Sites, Service or Events;
- To conduct or administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated;
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Sites;
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- To develop and manage Shinnova Solar’s business and operations;
- To detect and protect Shinnova Solar and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Shinnova Solar’s policies and contractual obligations;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Shinnova Solar;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
For any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal information collected by Shinnova Solar may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Shinnova Solar may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries or affiliates and to third parties whom Shinnova Solar hires to provide services on Shinnova Solar’s behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, and answering customer questions about Shinnova Solar’s products and services. These subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties may be located overseas. Shinnova Solar will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Shinnova Solar and/or on Shinnova Solar’s behalf. In the event that Shinnova Solar is involved in a business transaction, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Shinnova Solar, you consent to your personal information and any other information Shinnova Solar may have collected being transferred to another party in connection with such transaction. You also consent to Shinnova Solar disclosing your personal information to legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with such business transaction or management of all or part of Shinnova Solar’s business or operations; as consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that you provide will be retained by Shinnova Solar in accordance with applicable laws. However, Shinnova Solar will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for Shinnova Solar’s business purposes.
Shinnova Solar recognizes the privacy interests of children and Shinnova Solar encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 18. Shinnova Solar does not target its services or the Sites to children under 18. Shinnova Solar does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
CHOICE AND OPT-OUT PREFERENCES
Shinnova Solar does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Shinnova Solar (except in connection with information, products or services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast e-mail that is sent to you by Shinnova Solar. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Shinnova Solar, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting [email protected].
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Shinnova Solar will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date. Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Shinnova Solar will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Additionally, if you have any questions or enquiries relating to our privacy practices or procedures, or if you believe that the personal information that Shinnova Solar holds about you is not accurate, complete or up to date you may write to us at the address provided below. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete or up to date, Shinnova Solar will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
REQUEST FOR ACCESS AND CORRECTION, QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS